Professional Diploma in Simultaneous Interpreting
The professional diploma in simultaneous interpreting aims at developing learners’ interpreting competencies, including public speaking and conference interpreting. It is only awarded upon successful completion of the 12 CEUs of the Foundation Certificate in Translation and Interpreting in addition to the 18 CEUs of this diploma.
The professional diploma in simultaneous interpreting widens learners’ scope of current events worldwide and builds on their repertoire of the terminology used in various areas and fields of interpreting. It trains learners on booth interpreting, skills necessary for consecutive interpreting in conferences, and on-site interpreting. It enhances learners’ techniques and strategies to overcome challenges likely to arise.
*One continuing education unit equals 10 contact hours
*Learners who completed a foundation certificate or AUC continuing education certificate are required to sit for the SEPT if they dropped out for a period of one year or more from the date of completing the certificate.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Relay in detail what is said to him/her in the standard spoken language, even in a noisy environment
- Handle stress, breathing, and public speaking fright
- Interpret consecutively a two five-minute narrative oral text
- Use techniques to create a logical progression of ideas in the target language
- Interpret a two-five-minute simple technical oral text simultaneously
- Demonstrate confidence through voice clarity and precision when interpreting
- Bachelor's degree (could be waived on a case-by-case basis)
- Applicant must pass the Oral Standardized English Proficiency Test (OSEPT) or Online Oral English Placement Test (OOET) and score course SCMMB21 or pass course SCMMB13
- Completion of Foundation Certificate in Translation and Interpreting
One-time admission non-refundable fee
Oral Standardized English Proficiency Test (Oral SEPT)
Until 6 working days before the beginning of the term.
Online Oral English Placement Test (OOET)
Until 7 working days before the beginning of the term.
One-day service Test
Until 5 working days before the beginning of the term.
Course Tuition/3 CEUs
Exam fees are non-refundable and changes in admission test dates are only allowed 2 working days in advance of the reserved test session according to the availability by sending an email to email@example.com.