Professional Diploma in Simultaneous Interpreting
The professional diploma in Simultaneous Interpreting aims at developing learners’ interpreting competencies, including public speaking and conference interpreting.
The professional diploma in Simultaneous Interpreting aims at developing learners’ interpreting competencies, including public speaking and conference interpreting. Moreover, it widens their scope of current events around the globe and builds on their repertoire of the terminology used in various areas and fields of interpreting. It trains learners on booth interpreting, skills necessary for consecutive interpreting in conferences, and on-site interpreting. It enhances learners’ techniques and strategies to overcome challenges likely to arise.
*One continuing education unit equals 10 contact hours
** Learners who completed a foundation certificate or AUC continuing education certificate are required to sit for the SEPT if they dropped out for a period of one year or more from the date of completing the certificate.
- Relay in detail what is said to him/her in the standard spoken language even in a noisy environment
- Handle stress, breathing and public speaking fright
- Interpret consecutively a 2-5-minute narrative oral text
- Use techniques to create a logical progression of ideas in the target language
- Interpret simultaneously a 2-5-minute simple technical oral text
- Demonstrate confidence through voice clarity and precision when interpreting
- Bachelor Degree
- Applicant must pass the Oral Standardized English Proficiency Test (OSEPT) and score course SCMMB21 or pass course SCMMB13
- Completion of Foundation Certificate in Translation and Interpreting
EGP 75 = A onetime admission non-refundable fee
Oral Standardized English Proficiency Test (Oral SEPT) Fees:
EGP 180 for Egyptians and EGP 225 for International Students = up to 6 working days before the beginning of the term.
Oral Standardized English Proficiency Test (Oral SEPT) One day service Fees:
EGP 320 for Egyptians and EGP 400 for International Students= five working days before the first day of the term.
Online Oral English Placement Test (OOEPT) Fees:
EGP 180 for Egyptians and EGP 225 for International Students
Fees/course for Egyptians = EGP 1,200/ 3 CEUs
Fees/course for International Student = EGP 1,500/ 3 CEUs