Professional Diploma in Media and Audiovisual Translation
The professional diploma in media and audiovisual translation aims to equip learners with the knowledge and skills needed for pursuing a career in media and audiovisual translation. The professional diploma in media and audiovisual translation is only awarded upon successful completion of the 12 CEUs of the Foundation Certificate in Translation and Interpreting in addition to the 18 CEUs of this diploma.
Each course in the professional diploma in media and audiovisual translation is designed to offer learners the opportunity to practice authentic translation in the following media fields: newspapers, audiovisual, and subtitling from English into Arabic and vice versa.
STMA201 - STMA202 - STMA203 - STMA204
*One continuing education unit equals 10 contact hours
** Learners who completed a foundation certificate or AUC continuing education certificate are required to sit for the SEPT if they dropped out for a period of one year or more from the date of completing the certificate.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Produce journalistic inter-sentence and inter-paragraph coordination.
- Translate accurately different types of journalistic writings.
- Translate idioms, allusions, and cultural-bound expressions according to subtitling rules and within a confined space.
- Fulfill their role as subtitlers within a polysemiotic environment.
- Incorporate editing and proofreading as part of the translation final process.
- Self-edit the final version of the text.