Professional Diploma in Legal and UN Translation
The Professional Diploma in Legal and UN Translation constitutes in-depth training on translation techniques and strategies of UN and legal texts.
The Professional Diploma in Legal and UN Translation constitutes in-depth training on translation techniques and strategies of UN and legal texts. Adapting interdisciplinary approach to translation, the certificate covers legal drafting, a contrastive study of legal and UN discourse, translation of legal contracts and UN texts as well as editing for international organizations such as UN, IMF.
*One continuing education unit equals 10 contact hours
** Learners who completed a foundation certificate or AUC continuing education certificate are required to sit for the SEPT if they dropped out for a period of one year or more from the date of completing the certificate.
- Rewrite translated legal documents in standard legal language
- Translate legal documents accurately
- Rewrite translated documents in standard legal format
- Translate, revise and edit UN documents
- Translate accurately economic texts into Arabic/English
- Apply advanced translation strategies in various types of translation
- Compile a portfolio of individually-produced translations and present it
EGP 75 = A onetime admission non-refundable fee
Fees/course for Egyptians = EGP 1,200 / 3 CEUs
Fees/course for International Student = EGP 1,500 / 3 CEUs