Professional Diploma in Legal and UN Translation
The professional diploma in legal and UN translation constitutes in-depth training on UN and legal texts' translation techniques and strategies.
The professional diploma in legal and UN translation constitutes in-depth training on UN and legal texts' translation techniques and strategies. Adopting an interdisciplinary approach to translation, the certificate covers legal drafting, a contrastive study of legal and UN discourse, translation of legal contracts and UN texts, and editing for international organizations such as the UN, IMF.
*One continuing education unit equals 10 contact hours
** Learners who completed a foundation certificate or AUC continuing education certificate are required to sit for the SEPT if they dropped out for a period of one year or more from the date of completing the certificate.
- Rewrite translated legal documents in standard legal language
- Translate legal documents accurately
- Rewrite translated documents in standard legal format
- Translate, revise and edit UN documents
- Translate accurately economic texts into Arabic/English
- Apply advanced translation strategies in various types of translation
- Compile a portfolio of individually-produced translations and present it
EGP 75: This to be paid onetime admission non-refundable fee
Fees/course: EGP 1,420/ 3 CEUs