As part of its mission, the School of Continuing Education (SCE) serves the Egyptian society through extending the resources of The American University in Cairo (AUC) to Egypt.
To that end, SCE offers (15) scholarships to Egyptian youth of all governorates who are graduates of Egyptian Public Governmental Universities to study in one of the following SCE's Career Certificate programs:
- Human Resources Management
- Sales Management
- Digital Marketing
- Legal and UN translation Diploma
- Strategic Procurement Management
- Logistics Management
- Business Administration
These scholarships are offered on a yearly basis. The applicant’s socioeconomic status, commitment to study, performance during the interview, and Bachelor's graduation score are considered in evaluating and selecting the scholarship awardees. The duration of the scholarship should not exceed one year (July 2023 – June 2024).
- Applicants must be Egyptian Citizens (all governorates residents are eligible to apply, but priority is given to applicants from the unprivileged areas (Outside Greater Cairo)
- Applicants should not exceed the age of 28 by July 1, 2023
- Applicants must be Egyptian public governmental university graduates
- Applicants must have earned a bachelor's degree with a minimum score of Good (Gayed), but priority is given to those who have (Gayyed Gedan) and above
- Applicants must be ineligible for military service throughout the duration of the scholarship (From July 2023 to June 2024)
- Applicants shouldn’t have studied any Career certificate at the School of Continuing Education or any diplomas at AUC or benefited from any AUC/SCE scholarship before
- Passing the English Proficiency Test (Face_to_face (SEPT) or Online (OEPT)) with the required score of level B1A for Career Certificates
- Passing the English Proficiency Test click here" with the required score of level B2A for Translation Diplomas
- Passing the Arabic Admission Test (Face-to-face (APT) or online(OAAT))
Hurry up to register for the placement tests. The first online tests will start on June.7, 2023 and the first Arabic admission test for Translation diploma will start on June.8, 2023.
For online enrollment services:
- New applicants who need to register for the English or Arabic Placement Test please begin the process by applying to SCE through the following link.
For more information and tutorials on online admission, registration, and payment please visit the following links:
After passing the admission test with the required score (English test /or/ Arabic test if applying for translation diploma), you can apply for the scholarship by submitting the following documents on this link (click here):
- Copy of your National ID
- Copy of the national IDs of your parents (if any of the parents is passed away, kindly submit her/his death certificate)
- Copy of the national ID of the spouse (if the applicant is married)
- Official Statement of the family monthly income: جواب من جهة العمل أو من هيئة التأمينات والمعاشات يفيد دخل الأسرة او معاش الوالدين.
- * اذا كان احد الوالدين لايعمل او لديه عمل حر يرجى ارفاق بيان من هيئة التأمينات يفيد انه ليس لديه رقم تأميني
- Official statement (or HR letter) indicating your job and salary (if employed)
- Official statement (or HR letter) indicating your spouse’ job and salary (if the applicant is married)
- Copy of the Military Service Status (for male applicants)
- Copy of the original Graduation Certificate
- Copy of the English Placement test Score (B1A) at least for Career Certificates
- Copy of both English Placement test Score (B2A) at least AND the Arabic admission test Score for Legal & UN Translation diploma
- Recent Personal Photo
When applying you have to write a paragraph of about 250 words of your social status (Arabic or English). Please write the paragraph on a word document before you paste it on the online application. The paragraph should include:
- Introduction about yourself (name, age, university, marital status, employed or unemployed)
- A brief about your parents and their employment status and income
- A brief about your siblings, if any and their current education and employment status
- The certificate you want to join and why do you want to study it
- Once you submit the documents, you cannot resubmit.
- The applicants who have been rejected in the previous years are not allowed to apply again
- All applicants have to pay for their English Placement Test and the Arabic Admission Test (in case of Applying for Translation Diploma).
- The accepted scholarship awardees only will be reimbursed for the test fees.
After passing the English/Arabic placement test, please apply for the scholarship only through this link Click here from June.18, 2023, to June.24, 2022.
No Exceptions for any of the scholarship requirements. If you still have an inquiry kindly fill in the form from here