Online Arabic Admission Test (OAAT)
The online Arabic Admission Test (OAAT) is an online test. It measures the individual’s degree of proficiency in contemporary standard Arabic. Passing this test indicates that the applicant has the minimum language skills required to start studying one of The School of Continuing Education (SCE) translation programs or the career certificate in teaching Arabic as a foreign language (CCTAFL). The results will be issued the next day.
Ensure you have the technical requirements below before registering for the online test. If you don’t, you will not be able to take the test and don’t register for the test.
- The computer must be a desktop or laptop computer, not a tablet or mobile or Mac/Mac OS, with the following requirements:
2 GB RAM
4 GB RAM
Operating System, PC
64-bit Windows 8
64-bit Windows 10
At least 4 GB of free space
At least 4 GB of free space
- Download speed: 1 Mbps
- Upload speed: 512 Kbps
- Download speed: > 2 Mbps
- Upload speed: > 1 Mbps
You must have administrator privileges on your computer to be able to install the test browser.
- Test-takers must read the test info sheet provided at the admission test samples.
The test result will be sent to the XED email address on the second day after the test-date.
You must follow the steps below before your scheduled test, or you will very likely encounter challenges and risk not being able to reach email@example.com to complete the test.
Read the following steps carefully:
- A new email XED email account will be created for you by SCE to be used for all official communication to and from the school. The credentials of the XED email will be sent to your registered personal email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to log in to your XED email once you receive it.
- If you have problems accessing @XED email after viewing the tutorial, send an email to email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Check the XED email inbox 48 hours before your test time to read the test account activation email received from firstname.lastname@example.org and activate your gourmet test account with the received credentials. (Pro-tip: Set a reminder on your phone for 48 hours before your test)
- Download and install the X51 Secure Exam browser.
- Access your test page 24 hours before your scheduled test to take the demo test.
- Access your test page on your scheduled test time to take the test and avoid missing it.
- Suppose you could not access the online test because you did not follow all the above instructions within their set timeframe. In that case, the system will automatically record your score on the test as absent and cannot be changed.
If you need help during the 48 hours period before the exam, contact:
For any inquiries regarding the online tests, send an email to email@example.com.
Any technical issues preventing the candidates from proceeding with the test should be reported during the test time and/or until 11 pm of the same day, supported with the 9-digit student ID number and full student name. Reported cases after the mentioned time will not be considered.
Dates: To know more about the registration deadline and term dates, click here