Career Certification in Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language (CCTAFL) is a 60-hour pre-service certificate of intensive Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) and Spoken Arabic of Cairo (SAC).
Career Certification in Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language (CCTAFL)
Career Certification in Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language (CCTAFL) is a hands-on teacher training program that introduces Arabic language instructors to best practices, knowledge, and skills in communicative teaching, learner-centered approach, active learning, lesson planning, presentation skills, language acquisition, and production techniques, besides assessment of language proficiency and achievement level. The program is designed to provide trainees with intensive teaching practice sessions to develop self and peer-assessment skills. The certificate discusses the following modules:
- Introduction: Principles and Concepts
- Teaching Methods and Skills
- Assessment and Practicum
- Micro-Teaching Practice(s)
Career Certification in Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language (CCTAFL):
Introduction: Principles and Concepts
1. Communication as the Objective for Learning and Learner-Centered Approach
2. Learning Outcomes and the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
3. Selecting and Connecting Textbooks to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
Teaching Methods and Skills
4. Using instructional technology and multimedia in teaching Arabic as a foreign language
5. Teaching methods and elicitation techniques
6. Presentation skills and providing feedback
7. Lesson planning: procedures and activities
8. How to teach Arabic phonetics
9. How to teach Arabic grammar and vocabulary
10. How to teach reading, listening, writing, and speaking
11. Assessment and Application
12. Micro-Teaching Practice(s)
*One continuing education unit (CEU) equals 10 contact hours.
Trainees are assessed throughout the term by assignments (lesson plans, practical teaching practice, and written reflections). The course's final grade is pass/fail and is determined through the accumulation of continuous achievement assessments and practicums for which the learner has to pass. While absence does not influence the grade, it does influence the trainees' performance.
1. Introduction: Principles and Concepts
- Communication as an educational objective
- Learner-centered teaching and feedback
- Using questions for discovery and using grammar for communication
- Learning objectives and reference frameworks
- Selecting and connecting textbooks to reference frameworks
2. Teaching Preparation
- Instructional technology and multimedia
- Teaching methods and presentation skills
- Lesson planning
- Lesson planning (for beginners)
- Lesson planning (from intermediate to advanced levels) – receptive skills: reading and listening
- Lesson planning (from intermediate to advanced levels) – productive skills: writing
- Lesson planning - productive skills: speaking colloquial arabic
- Applicants must be university graduates (a copy of the bachelor’s degree is required).
- Proficiency Test in Modern Standard Arabic (PTMSA) or the Online Arabic Test (OAAT) by 70%.
- Applicants must have basic computer literacy.
October 25 - November 28
Sunday to Thursday
2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Tahrir Square campus - Falaki Building
October 26 - November 29
Sunday to Thursday
6:00 - 9:30 pm
October 29 - November 30
Sunday to Thursday
4:00 pm - 07:30 pm
New Cairo campus
Tuition Type Fees (EGP) Important Notes Course Tuition/6 CEUs 7,950 Refund Policy Admission Fees 100 One-time admission non-refundable fee Proficiency Test in Modern Standard Arabic (PTMSA) 315 Until 6 working days before the beginning of the term. Online Arabic Admission Test (OAAT) - Online Test 160 Until 4 working days before the beginning of the term. One-day service Test 550 Until 5 working days before the beginning of the term.
- Learners should choose Face to Face (PTMSA) test OR Online test (OAAT)
- Exam fees are non-refundable and changes in admission test dates are only allowed two working days in advance of the reserved test session according to the availability by sending an email to email@example.com.