International Financial Reporting Standards (Stand-Alone Course)
This course integrates international financial reporting standards (IFRS) into financial accounting courses. It leverages comparisons between U.S. GAAP and IFRS and international accounting standard treatment of the Egyptian environment's various topics.
This course integrates international financial reporting standards (IFRS) into financial accounting courses. It leverages comparisons between U.S. GAAP and IFRS and international accounting standard treatment if various topics related to the Egyptian environment.
*Continuing education unit equals 10 contact hours.
A stand-alone certificate will be issued upon the successful completion of each course.
** Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or equivalent with a minimum of two years of professional experience in the accounting/finance field.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the structure of the framework of IFRS.
- Apply relevant financial reporting standards to key elements of financial reports.
- Identify, apply, and improve the efficiency of disclosure requirements for companies in financial reports and notes.
- Differentiate principal differences between Egyptian/U.S. GAAP and IFRS.
- Prepare and interpret financial statements in light of the international financial reporting standards (IFRS).
- Applicants must pass the Standardized English Proficiency Test (SEPT) and score level ENGG B1A.
- Applicants must have basic computer literacy.
- SBAF 101 preparation of financial statements.
EGP 75 = A onetime admission non-refundable fee
Standardized English Proficiency Test (SEPT) Fees:
EGP 200 for Egyptians and EGP 250 for international students = up to six working days before the beginning of the term.
One-day service Test (SEPT) Fees:
EGP 370 for Egyptians and EGP 465 for international students= five working days before the first day of the term.
Online English Placement Test (OEPT) Fees:
EGP 130 for Egyptians and EGP 170 for international students = up to four working days before the beginning of the term.
Exam fees are non-refundable, and changes in admission test dates are only allowed two working days in advance of the reserved test session.
Fees/course for Egyptians = EGP 1,500/ 3 CEUs
Fees/course for International Student = EGP 1,875/ 3 CEUs