English for translators is a CEFR-aligned language course aiming at qualifying learners to join the professional translation diplomas.
English for Translators
English for translators is a CEFR-aligned language course aiming at qualifying learners to join the professional translation diplomas. The course focuses on learner-centered methodology and task-based learning. Reading and writing tasks are integrated to maximize learners’ ability to translate.
*One continuing education unit equals 10 contact hours
**Learners who completed a foundation certificate or AUC continuing education certificate are required to sit for the SEPT if they dropped out for a period of one year or more from the date of completing the certificate.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Give brief comments on the views of others
- Describe how to do something, giving detailed instructions
- Write notes conveying simple information of immediate relevance to friends, service people, teachers, and others who feature in his/her everyday life, getting across comprehensibly the points he/she feels are important
- Locate desired information in long texts, and gather information from different parts of a text, or from different texts in order to fulfill a specific task
- Compare and contrast alternatives, discussing what to do, where to go, who or which to choose
- Write personal letters describing experiences, feelings, and events in some detail
- Give detailed accounts of experiences, describing feelings and reactions
- Recognize significant points in straightforward newspaper articles on familiar subjects
- Summarise and give his or her opinion about a short story, article, talk, discussion interview, or documentary and answer further questions in detail
- Write short, simple essays on topics of interest
- Write very brief, reports in a standard conventionalized format, which pass on routine factual information and state reasons for actions
- Identify the main conclusions in clearly signaled argumentative texts
- Explain why something is a problem
- Give reasons and explanations for opinions, plans, and actions
- Summarise, report and give his/her opinion about accumulated factual information on familiar routine and non-routine matters within his field with some confidence
Tuition Type Fees (EGP) Important Notes Course Tuition/6 CEUs 4,000 Refund Policy Admission Fees 100 One-time admission non-refundable fee Standardized English Proficiency Test (SEPT) - Face to Face Test 400 Until 6 working days before the beginning of the term. Online English Placement Test (OEPT) - Online Test 340 Until 4 working days before the beginning of the term. Arabic Proficiency Test (APT) - Face to Face Test 300 Until 6 working days before the beginning of the term Online Arabic Test (OAAT) - Online Test 160 Until 7 working days before the beginning of the term. One-day service Test 550 Until 5 working days before the beginning of the term.
- Learners should choose Face to Face (SEPT) test OR Online test (OEPT)
- Lerners should choose Face to Face (APT) test OR Online test (OAAT)
- Exam fees are non-refundable and changes in admission test dates are only allowed two working days in advance of the reserved test session according to the availability by sending an email to email@example.com.