English Oral Communication for Young Learners
The purpose of these learner-centered oral communication courses is to improve learners' ability to speak in English and communicate efficiently in an English-speaking context.
In this course, learners will be provided with ample authentic listening comprehension segments that will enhance their listening skills to allow them to speak comfortably and transfer their knowledge to real-life situations. Attention will be given to pronunciation, stress, and intonation, and the learner’s vocabulary repertoire will be expanded by the presentation and use of vocabulary words related to every lesson.
Successful completion of Primary 4
Successful completion of Primary 5
Successful completion of Primary 6
Successful completion of Prep 1
Successful completion of Prep 2
Successful completion of Prep 3
*A continuing education unit equals 10 contact hours.
Upon successful completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the main idea and supporting details of spoken texts
- Practice speaking extensively about an issue and sustain a short conversation
- Discuss a wide variety of engaging topics/texts at some length
- Dramatize a situation through role-playing using appropriate language functions
- Make presentations discussing a variety of topics focusing on the pros and cons of various options
Start Date End Date June 13, 2023 August 29, 2023
*The program starts every two weeks ( two weeks during school summer vacation months; June, July, and August.)
One-time admission non-refundable fee
Oral English Placement Test for Young Learners 200 Until six working days before the beginning of the term.
Course Tuition/1.5 CEUs
Exam fees are non-refundable and changes in admission test dates are only allowed two working days in advance of the reserved test session according to the availability by emailing email@example.com.