Career Certificate in Math and Science Teacher Training (MSTTC)
Career Certificate in Math and Science Teacher Training (MSTTC) is offered to math and science teachers with little or no experience teaching math and/or science in English.
Career Certificate in Math and Science Teacher Training (MSTTC) enhances their ability to formulate scientific and mathematical concepts in English and give clear presentations on such topics to a specialized or non-specialized audience. It also provides them with training within a framework of a communicative teaching approach. It strongly emphasizes interactive instructional strategies, which build trainees’ teaching competencies when planning classroom tasks and activities and assessment concepts, forms, and rubrics instrumental to students’ motivation, progress, and achievement.
Teaching Math and Science in English 1: English for Communicative Teaching
Teaching Math and Science in English 2: The Starting Teacher
Teaching Math and Science in English 3: The Developing Teacher
Teaching Math and Science in English 5: The Sophisticated Teacher
*One continuing education unit equals 10 contact hours
Assessment for all Levels of Math and Science Teacher Training:
Throughout the English for Math and Science teacher training courses, students are evaluated continuously at regular intervals, in addition to an end-of-term final assessment task. This is done through various tasks, including role-playing, monologues and presentations, lesson plans, and test writing. Trainees pass a course when completing their outcomes with a minimum score of 70 percent. Final grades are not based on attendance since following the SCE’s attendance policy.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use suitable language functions needed for teaching Mathematics and Science.
- Articulate scientific and mathematical concepts, ideas, charts, and graphs accurately in English.
- Use a variety of instructional strategies and classroom management techniques.
- Design a lesson plan, including measurable objectives and performance assessment techniques.
- Demonstrate a supportive classroom environment by establishing classroom rapport.
- Make the shift from a teacher-centered to a learner-centered approach to teaching.
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in any field.
- Applicants must obtain the score for course ENGGB1A on the SEPT or pass ENGGA2D.
- Good knowledge of PC applications (Microsoft Office – Word and PowerPoint) and ability to use the Internet.
One-time admission non-refundable fee
Standardized English Proficiency Test (SEPT)
Until six working days before the beginning of the term.
Online English Placement Test (OEPT)
Until four working days before the beginning of the term.
One-day service Test
Until five working days before the beginning of the term.
Course Tuition/3 CEUs
Exam fees are non-refundable, and changes in admission test dates are only allowed two working days in advance of the reserved test session according to the availability by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Math and Science Teacher Training (MSTTC) - What to Expect?
Dates: To know more about the registration deadline and term dates, click here