Arabic Grammar 1
This course is designed for a remedial survey of the lexicon, morphology, syntax, and style of modern formal written Arabic conventions.
The Arabic grammar course is a remedial survey of all linguistics aspects related to the formal written Arabic conventions. The course helps the learners improve their Arabic writing style through different exercises and drills of Arabic grammar.
*One continuing education unit equals 10 contact hours
Arabic grammar one course is part of the Foundation Certificate in Translation and Interpreting.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
1. Name the different parts of speech in formal Arabic
2. Construct different sentence types
3. Classify marked and unmarked syntactic relationships
4. Use Arabic case grammar
5. Employ established orthographic conventions
6. Apply gender agreement conventions in the production of Arabic compound numbers
7. Classify between lexical variants
8. Select derivational patterns of Arabic
9. Produce derivational patterns of Arabic
- Applicants must obtain a minimum score of 60 percent on the Arabic Proficiency Test (APT) or The Online Arabic Admission Test (OAAT)
- The test result will be (Exempted – Not Exempted)
- Learners who are not exempted must take ARBF101 - Arabic Grammar - as an additional required course in the Foundation Certificate
Tuition Type Fees (EGP) Important Notes Course Tuition/3 CEUs 2,050 Refund Policy Admission Fees 100 One-time admission non-refundable fee Arabic Proficiency Test (APT) - Face to Face Test 300 Until 6 working days before the beginning of the term. Online Arabic Admission Test (OAAT) - Online Test 160 Until 4 working days before the beginning of the term. One-day service Test 550 Until 5 working days before the beginning of the term.
- Learners should choose Face to Face (APT) test OR Online test (OAAT)
- Exam fees are non-refundable and changes in admission test dates are only allowed two working days in advance of the reserved test session according to the availability by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.