Advanced Media Relations Workshop
This workshop helps learners improve their use of communication tools and gain a better understanding of how to use the media to connect with various audiences.
This workshop helps learners improve their use of communication tools and gain a better understanding of how to use the media to connect with various audiences. Focusing specifically on media relations, learners will learn how to scan the media landscape, how to find the most enticing stories for journalists and how to build relationships with them. Learners will dig into the detail of pitching including practical dos and don'ts and how to maximize their chances of getting coverage.
* One continuing Education Unit equals 10 contact hours.
- Navigate clearly through the landscape of media, journalists and news.
- Make strong news judgments to secure prominent coverage.
- Pitch stories effectively to journalists to get even borderline stories published.
- Engage media proactively using creative PR platforms and techniques.
- Identify media outlets that can help build the organization’s brand.
- Target, engage and build a strong working relationship with the right media professionals.
- Make effective use of various communication tools.