As part of its mission, the School of Continuing Education (SCE) serves the Egyptian society, through extending the resources of The American University in Cairo (AUC) to Egypt.
To that end, SCE offers a limited number of scholarships to Egyptian youth of all governorates who are graduates with limited financial resources, who are graduates of national universities (only Arabic section of Faculty of Commerce, Law and Economics and Political Science are eligible to apply) to study in one of the following SCE's Career Certificate programs:
- Human Resources Management
- Sales Management
- Legal and UN translation Diploma
- Strategic Procurement Management
- Logistics Management
- Business Administration and Management
These scholarships are offered on a yearly basis. The applicant’s socioeconomic status, commitment to study, and the Bachelor's graduation score are considered. The duration of the scholarship should not exceed one year (September 2020 – June 2021).
- Applicants must be Egyptian Citizens (all governorates residents are eligible to apply but priority is given to applicants from the unprivileged areas (Outside Greater Cairo)
- Applicants should not exceed the age of 28 by July 1, 2020
- Applicants must be a governmental university graduate
- Applicants must have earned a bachelor's degree with a minimum score of Good (Gayed) but priority is given to those who have (Gayyed Gedan) and above
- Applicants must be ineligible for military service throughout the duration of the scholarship (From September 2020 to June 2021)
- Applicants shouldn’t have studied any Career certificate at the School of Continuing Education or benefited from any AUC/SCE scholarship before
- Passing the Online English Proficiency Test OEPT "click here" with the required score of level B1A for Career Certificates "click here"
- Passing the Online English Proficiency Test OEPT "click here" with the required score of level B2A for Translation Diplomas "click here"
- Passing the Online Arabic Admission Test (OAAT) "click here"
Hurry up to register for the placement tests. The first online tests will start on August.11, 2020
For online enrollment services:
- New applicants who need to register for the Online English Placement Test (OEPT), please begin the process by applying to SCE through the following link.
- Continuing students with a valid SEPT test, please register and pay online through the following link.
For more information and tutorials on online admission, registration, and payment please visit the following links:
Please prepare the following documents before applying online:
- Copy of National ID
- Copy of the national IDs of the parents
- Official Statement of the family monthly income: جواب من جهة العمل/المعاشات يفيد دخل الأسرة
- HR letter of yourself if employed
- HR letter from both of your parents. If they are retired, submit a document from هيئة التأمين والمعاشات
- Copy of the Military Service Status (for male applicants)
- Copy of the Graduation Certificate
- Copy of the OEPT Score (B1A) at least for Career Certificates
- Copy of the OEPT Score (B2A) at least and (OAAT) Score for Legal & UN Translation certificate
- Recent Personal Photo
When applying you have to write a paragraph of about 250 words of your social status (Arabic or English). Please write the paragraph on a word document before you paste it on the online application. The paragraph should include:
- Introduction about yourself (name, age, university, marital status, employed or unemployed)
- A brief about your parents and their employment status and income
- A brief about your siblings, if any and their current education and employment status
Once you submit the documents, you cannot resubmit.
All applicants have to pay for their Online English Proficiency Test OEPT and Online Arabic Admission Test (OAAT) Only those selected candidates will be reimbursed.
Click here for the scholarship application form
Please apply online from August 13, 2020, to August 31, 2020
For more information, please click here to fill in the form