Training of Trainers for School Supervisors
TOT for school supervisors is designed to differentiate between teaching teachers and teaching trainers.
The workshop is a 25-hour program in teacher training that aims to develop teaching training competencies. The course is designed for school supervisors and heads of departments to help them extend and hone their teacher training skills. It may also serve as a preparation for trainers working on specific teacher training courses. Trainees will develop the skills they need to be effective trainers. Trainees will explore ways of designing and delivering training sessions, carrying out observations, and giving productive feedback to teachers.
*One continuing education unit equals 10 contact hours.
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Identify the differences between teaching teachers and teaching trainers
- Develop appropriate needs analysis tools
- Identify various training methods
- Design interactive tasks for session delivery
- Develop a well-sequenced training session plan
- Evaluate and design a training program
- Create an evaluation rubric
- Explore strategies for observation and feedback
- Design an observation tool to meet the needs of the teachers
- Demonstrate effective training within a specific time frame
- Provide oral and written feedback on self and peer training
Dates: From May 22 to June 5 - Sundays and Wednesdays from 6 - 9 pm, face to face at Tahrir Square campus.