Certificate of Achievement in Teaching IT for School Teachers
The aim of this program is to qualify participants to teach computer programming and ICT for students in primary and preparatory schools. The certificate is divided into 2 courses (Level 1 and Level 2).
The aim of this program is to qualify participants to teach computer programming and ICT for students in primary and preparatory schools. The certificate is divided into 2 courses (Level 1 and Level 2). The certificate will cover how to teach the three main topics in the computer curriculum for young learners including programming, digital literacy, digital creativity, and productivity. Level 1 will cover how to teach ICT interactively in a school setting. In this course, learners will identify teaching styles, patterns of learning behavior, and different questioning techniques. Learners will also develop lesson planning techniques and learn effective lab practices that promote communication and learning among students. Level 2 will cover how to teach programming, digital literacy, digital creativity, and productivity. In this course, learners will develop experience in finding free IT resources and using them effectively in developing their lessons.
The certificate is designed to boost participants’ self-confidence and morale while equipping them with the proper knowledge and tools to be successful ICT teachers. It strongly emphasizes interactive teaching skills which build participants’ teaching competencies when designing and delivering lesson plans and interact with young learners. Furthermore, it contains materials that stimulate, engage, and help provide professional development for more skilled participants in this area.
Good Knowledge of ICT
Passing Level 1
*One continuing education unit equals 10 contact hours.
- Understand teaching techniques to teach basic computer knowledge and functional skills
- Integrate the different learning behaviors in a well-developed lesson plan for ICT teaching classes
- Learn how to teach programming concepts for different age group
- Use the unplugged activities to deliver programming concept
- Use online free resources to promote understanding of the algorithm, coding, and decomposition
- Choose apps that suit the school learning environment
- Understand robotics and its role in teaching computer programming
- Applicants must obtain the score for the course ENGGB1A on the SEPT or a passing ENGGA2D
- Graduates of any major with a proven knowledge of IT or signing an acknowledgment form for being responsible for the IT tools/applications used in the field
EGP 75 = A onetime admission non-refundable fee
Standardized English Proficiency Test (SEPT) Fees:
EGP 200 for Egyptians and EGP 250 for International Students = up to 6 working days before the beginning of the term.
One-day service Test (SEPT) Fees:
EGP 370 for Egyptians and EGP 465 for International Students= five working days before the first day of the term.
Online English Placement Test (OEPT) Fees:
EGP 130 for Egyptians and EGP 170 for International Students = up to 4 working days before the beginning of the term.
Exam fees are non-refundable and change in admission test dates are only allowed 2 working days in advance of the reserved test session.
Fees/course for Egyptians = EGP 2950 (level 1 or 2)
Fees/course for International Student = EGP 3690 (level 1 or 2)