Admission and Re-admission Procedures
This procedure describes the admission and re-admission processes for (A) scheduled programs and (B) customized/tailor-made programs and special exams starting from how applicants obtain information about SCE offerings, fill out the application form and pay the admission/placement test(s) fees, and ending to how they take the test(s) and obtain the test results.
A. Scheduled Programs
- Up to date information on the desired field of study, offerings may be obtained either from the SCE website, the Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) Office Information Desks for walk-in applicants, e-mail email@example.com, short number, or through multiple school social media channels.
- Upon selecting the course/program to study and after receiving a learner service number, an admission application can either be completed online at the SCE website or in a hardcopy Form (FormC7-1February17) card to be filled and submitted at the front desk.
- After online admission and checking the applicant’s photo ID for validity and information, the applicant is assigned a unique identification number (SID). The SID number and applicant’s bio-data are added to the Management Information System (MIS), and the required admission/placement test(s) (cf G1) are registered on MIS.
- An SCE email account is created for new applicants at the time of admission for walk-in or after online applications.
- The address, http://scemail.aucegypt.edu, is visited by the credentials in the “XED Email Login” box, and the instructions in the Guidelines for Learners for AUC/SCE Email Accounts form (FormC7-3July15) are followed.
- The admission/placement test(s) fees are online or by cashless payment.
- An email is sent to test takers to confirm test registration and test schedule information. The email includes the uniquely assigned learner's identification number, dates, times, admission test locations, and general and tests instructions.
- The instructions on the email must be read carefully to finalize admission/placement test fees.
- During the admission test, applicants are notified of when the placement test result will be uploaded and emailed automatically to applicants on SCE email or available at SEM Office.
- Registration, onsite or online, may take place immediately following the announcement of results provided that no additional exams are required and that the admission/placement test score results meet the entrance requirements (cf E1).
- Learners wishing to be re-admitted to SCE should proceed to the SEM office front desk or register online to schedule the date(s) of admission/placement test(s) if required (cf G1).
- For onsite registration, the previously assigned SCE learner ID number is submitted to SEM Front desk assistants to continue with the admission procedures' regular steps and avoid generating duplicate learners’ records on MIS. For online registration, students can log in here.
B. Customized/Tailor-Made Programs and Special Exams
- If the customized/tailor-made course does not require a placement test, all completed admission bio-information is emailed to SEM customized programs assistant manager with the online course notification form (FormD8-2 December 17) for registration in the course (cf E1).
- If an admission/placement test is required before the customized/tailor-made course or special testing services are to be provided to third parties, arrangements are made with the ETAD Specialist.
- Application Form (FormC7-1February17) cards are provided to the ETAD senior specialist for testing operations and services to be distributed during exams held at off-campus locations for applicants to fill out their biodata or test taker bio-data is shared by email with SEM assistant director, student services, Down Town.
- After the exams, all test takers' electronic bio-data or completed application form cards are forwarded to assistant director, student services, Down Town with ETADIDs. The proper Course Reference Number (CRN) is written on the special tests request Form (FormG1-2March16).
- The placement test results of each testing session are electronically uploaded on MIS.
- An electronic copy of the placement test results is sent to the finance bookkeeper.
- The respective party is billed for the entrance exams according to the contract terms.
- The ETAD manager for testing operations and Services is informed once payment is settled.
- The results are announced to the respective party.
PPM = C7 January, 2021